Elaine Gennawey and her husband Ray moved to Laguna Niguel nearly 35 years ago. They raised their three children—Raymond, Nicole, and Lauren—in our community. Elaine and Ray established their professional lives in Laguna Niguel and have actively participated in the life of our town.
Elaine has lived in Southern California since age seven. She earned her undergraduate degree at California State University, Northridge and holds a BS in Business Administration from Cal State Northridge. She earned her teaching credential at California State University, Fullerton.
Before entering the financial services industry, Elaine Gennawey was a business owner in Laguna Niguel. She then earned her Series 7 General Securities Representative, Series 66 Uniform Combined State Law, and designation as a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor. For the past decade, she has worked as a Financial Adviser; she has been awarded numerous industry awards for outstanding achievements.
Elaine was recognized for her outstanding civic involvement by being named the 2004 Laguna Niguel Citizen of the Year. Her volunteer activities include
- City of Laguna Niguel, Parks and Recreation Commission
- Laguna Niguel Woman’s Club
- Rotary Club of Laguna Niguel
- City of Laguna Niguel, Military Support Committee
- City of Laguna Niguel, 20th Anniversary Committee
- National Association of Women Business Owners, Orange County Chapter
- Business Network International, Platinum Coast Chapter
- City of Laguna Niguel, Community Events Commission
- City of Laguna Niguel, Gift Acceptance Policy
- City of Laguna Niguel, Signage Committee
- Laguna Niguel Historical Society, Founding Member
- Laguna Niguel Chamber of Commerce
- American Legion Auxiliary Laguna Niguel Unit 281
- Aliso Niguel High School-Parent Volunteer and ANHS Scholarship Coordinator
- South Coast YMCA
Elaine Gennawey is committed to protecting the character of Laguna Niguel.